View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 08:39   Link #1573
Zeriand
Banned

So actually I wrote a few paragraphs of text and click save and WTF PLEASE REFRESH THIS PAGE AND IT REMOVES ALL MY TEXT! WTF!

Okay, done complaining. Anyway, here's another theory regarding about White Cosmos, and what happened to her in the past. Just an interesting idea that popped into my head after rewatching the final episode again. Still a sob story but could possibly fit Accel World's style of writing.

So White Cosmos is every bit the angel KYH see her as. She is good, kind, strong, admired, etc, the typical perfect person you often see in some mangas. I'm basing this on the fact that the KYH now will sometimes act completely flustered and not like her mature self, and hence KYH could originally be a person much like Haru, except that she had White Cosmos in front of her as her hope, and she worked hard to be like her. KYH probably mimicked White Cosmos to the point that even her speech patterns and hand gestures are almost completely like White Cosmos herself.

So KYH was a very important person to White Cosmos. Suppose that White Cosmos has found KYH once upon a time, and told KYH that she is the light of her hope. The scene might be very much similar to when KYH found Haru. Kind of like love at first sight. At that time KYH didn't understand her words, but later on when KYH first met Haru she came to understand that feeling completely, and felt that it was her responsibility to pick him up, just like WC did in the past.

Theory. White Cosmos is one of the very first Burst Linkers. She is exceptional among her peers and turned out to be one of the best out of all of them. Her perfection drew envy from some of them, perhaps even most of them because she and them are so far apart that, no matter how hard they try to reach her, they couldn't.

I'm not sure whether KYH chibi was brought into the Burst Link world to be honest, but let's simply assume that White Cosmos did. This gave a chance to those jealous people to get rid of White Cosmos once and for all. Either that, or their real identity are partially exposed to a certain people, and they're using that knowledge to trap WC. I find that KYH is exceptionally careful when it comes to identity exposure, so it might that something relating to that has happened in the past. She might have been the very cause of that exposure, who knows. At any rate, to protect KYH, White Cosmos walked into a death trap willingly and nearly died.

She should have, but she didn't. Theory. White Cosmos has either a Unique power or forbidden knowledge about Brain Burst that drew the hatred and jealousy of her peers. Now obviously the enemy would be wary of this power, so they must've attacked with such preparation that WC, even at her full strength, cannot fight back. Who knows, she might even be trapped in the Infinite Loop of Death. I assume that this power/knowledge has a limit that White Cosmos can choose to surpass if she wants to, but in exchange for that she would have to pay a terrible price. White Cosmos might even know the BB inventor personally, or was at least given a warning that if she used the power, she would lose something inside her. Perhaps she had assumed that it was her memories then.

In order to survive, in order to protect KYH, whatever her reason is, White Cosmos choose to use this power and killed off everyone. This part of the theory at least, I'm pretty sure it has happened. This is based on the fact that she had thrown that couple into the pits and watch the girl die in cold blood, again and again without even a hint of emotion, causing the birth of Chrome Disaster.

Another theory. The price should've been her memories. Or maybe she did die in the death trap, but could not, would not accept the fact that she's going to die, either for KYH or for herself. At any rate, she had managed a miracle. These are the 2 scenarios I've come up with: Either she unlocked a forbidden power, or she had supposedly died but was resurrected from death, in the truest sense. When you lose all your Burst points you will be booted off from the world, but for whatever reason, White Cosmos managed to come back, and murdered everyone who tried to harm her or KYH. It was either the only way, or something she could not control. All for the sake to protect what's important.

It had seemed like a beautiful happy end then. She did not die, she has all of her memories, she was saved, KYH was saved, everything was going to be normal again. But she was wrong.

She might've noticed that something was wrong immediately after resurrected. Most likely when she saw KYH once again. In exchange for her resurrection/power, while she did not lose her memories, White Cosmos found that she has lost something else. Two theories. One, she had lost her human emotions. She was incapable of feeling anything, sadness or hatred or hatred, anything at all after the incident. Two, she had lost her identity. She was White Cosmos, and yet the same time not White Cosmos. She felt like someone else. She felt different. The her in the past felt different. It didn't feel like her at all. Everything should be the same, her usual daily life, her usual dose of KYH, and yet something was... different.

Whatever it was, over time it drove White Cosmos mad. She started to think: Why did I do this back then? Why did I try so hard? Is there a meaning to it? Is that really me? She began experimenting with her once beliefs and values and moralities, and the further she went the further she finds herself NOT hating the sensation, or not feeling anything at all. It was terrifying as it was enchanting. Good habits are hard to learn and maintain, but bad habits are not.

The final straw fell upon KYH. Her once light of hope has now become a burden in her eyes. She's tired of acting nice in front of her. She's tired of smiling to her. KYH was the reason she had become like this, and yet she still has to be good to her? (Just an assumption of her distorted thoughts) White Cosmos began toying around with KYH's emotions, and in the end, like we all come to know, tricked KYH into murdering her own good friend (in a sense). Sensing that all was lost, WC went away and disappeared into god-knows-where.

I'm going as far as to theorize that White Cosmos' original color is not White. Whatever her original color is (Might be black, with KYH's strange insistence that her 'form' is not her original form. Something inherited from WC? Dunno. Blind shots for this one), after using the forbidden power/resurrected, her color had faded away completely into pure white. A white paper, a blank slate; that's what White Cosmos is. This is her new Heart's Wound, and it also applies to both of my theories about losing emotions or becoming someone else who's not white Cosmos. A pure blank heart who feels nothing, or a rebirth as someone entirely new.

Thus my theory ends here. How much of it is right - it would be best that if none of them are correct, and the actual story is better than this! - well, can't wait for the next few books to come.

EDIT: And oh, White Cosmos is probably searching for a way to reach that forbidden power or whatever's that resurrected her, and is willing to do anything at all to reach it, either for revenge or for the truth.

Lastly, I dearly wished with all my heart that the completely circumstantial story does not involve a boy friend.
Zeriand is offline   Reply With Quote