View Single Post
Old 2013-03-24, 17:14   Link #95
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
To be fair that's more about power inflation than actual power level within the story. If the author decides to put Edo-Sarutobi under the spotlight for some fan service you can be sure that he will be shown as a power to be reckoned with.
That said I wouldn't hold my breath, Kishomoto could have done that during the Kyubi attack flashback but he was too busy shining Yondaime's hair and I find more likely that he will do so again.
I think the best occasion would have been the Orochi vs Sarutobi battle. Which shouldn't have had a barrier made by 4 shitty less-then-jounin-level idiots, instead the battle should have been so intense that some jounins or chuunins wouldn't even join in because either Sarutobi ordered them to keep a distance to not die and instead go save the civilians or because they would accept that there's no reason for them to join this battle same as Shikaku decided not to join the Pain vs Naruto battle.

Of course it would still hold true that the 1st and 2nd were summoned in a weakened state, which wouldn't be revealed until now, but since Sarutobi had to fight 3 kage level people at the same time them being weakened compared to their prime would not mean that Sarutobi is weak. Such an epic battle and the fact that Orochi already told Sarutobi that his old age made him weak compared to his prime would do the job of imagining how strong Sarutobi was in his prime.

Although for me Sarutobi's fight would not seem so bad if it was not for the roof and barrier thing. I mean what is that roof made of? A roof that can stand the jutsu of 4 kage level ninja? Where was that magic roof when Pain attacked?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote