View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 15:36   Link #200
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Instead of talking about moral, why isn't anyone surprised about the fact that Moeka ignored TWO e-mails ??

Did she get them ? Did she think it was a trap ? Why the reading steiner didn't activate ??
She didn't care. She was so stubborn to believe that FB would leave to her salvation that she just automatically thought the others were from enemies.

That is how you create a fanatic that has beliefs so entrenched that they ignore the possibility of anything else. She was already desperate to begin with so it was easy for her to be manipulated to trusting only this FB.

It kinda reminds me of people that I knew that had severe gambling problems. Even though common sense and logic says that they can't win by taking stupid risks they insist on it anyways because they are so desperate to win and ignore all rational arguments.

Desperation causes people to adopt very warped mindsets. Someone that's about to kill themselves is at the very bottom and very vulnerable.

It's ultimately why I think Moeka could not be saved without force. You can't negotiate with someone that isn't rational. You just have to take them away from the immediate dangers first. Because if they end up hurting others or killing themselves, then it's all over. That can't be allowed to happen.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews