View Single Post
Old 2004-03-25, 14:48   Link #53
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
for me incest its WRONG!! it just freaks me out, and i think i'm pretty open minded. However i love angel sanctuary!!!! the story has so much angst in it, and i love that. so i'm in a dilemma, I like the angst that an incest relation has, but i dislike the incest itself.

Many japanese authors actually like the theme ( even the book of " grave of the fireflies" has a hint of that) maybe because the are a little more openminded. For what i've read, japanese culture look at sexual themes like something a little embarrasing but not a sin. We in the western cultures are used to see sex as a sin and a reason to go to hell, so incest and homosexuality are even worse

And one more thing, may of you have said that relations between cousins are common in all the world except USA. I think you are wrong. Here in Colombia and all Latin America IMO incest even between cousins its still a taboo. Maybe its because our families are more closed together, so cousins are almost brothers and sisters. That's my case, i grow up with all my cousins like if we were brothers and sisters

anyway, its just my opinion

sorry for the bad english
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote