View Single Post
Old 2009-05-03, 17:05   Link #128
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
The OP and ED, both music and animation, are really what have hooked me into watching this series and I find myself playing them endlessly. The trouble is that the 20 minute bit between the OP and ED has yet to come close to them in holding my attention. I wonder, after the runaway successes of the Haruhi and Lucky Star musical numbers, did it all go to Kyoto Animation's head so they stopped trying so hard with the actual stories? I have played the OP and ED numbers about 10 times today already and watched the respective animations about half a dozen times too. But I've only once rewatched an actual episode. Should I stop downloading it and settle for just the music? After all the OP and ED sequences between them tell us the start and end of the story as it is likely to be, ISTM they are perfect in themselves.
Slightly off topic, but how is Kyo-ani in any way responsible for a slow plot? Have you taken even a glance at the source manga? They chapters are short 13 page bits. Nothing much really happens. To fluff one chapter(aaprox) into one ep already is quite a feat.

Kyo-Ani does not write the plot. Do not bash them for following the manga. Honestly disliking a studio is one thing, blaming them for the plot from the manga is another.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote