Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-29, 12:42   Link #860
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Look. I'm an adult. I'm busy. I have things to do. I don't want a game that dictates when it saves to me. I want to save any fucking time. Because maybe I'll need to go run some errands. Maybe my worse half needs my help. Maybe I'm just tired and want to crash for the night.

I loathe restricted saving and loading almost as much as I loathe random encounters. And yes, I do have a serious problem with Blizzard as a company, just like I have an issue with Apple as a company. I disagree with their business practices. I hate companies that try to restrict your use of their products. If I pay for something, it should be mine, and I should be able to do with it whatever I wish.
Being able to save on the spot anywhere only makes the game a lot easier than it should be... misclicked and died? Reload. Any random factor didn't turn your way? Reload. Might as well as just play on the lowest difficulty and play single players games with cheat engine. Most "save points" are within 20minutes of each other these days - don't play if you are that busy. A better question: why play games at all when you cannot accept the challenge?

Just as smartphones all over the world are often locked to carriers and restrict the applications you can run on it until it is signed by the manufacturer, digital medium feel the need for DRM to protect against piracy. Your cell phone carrier has the capability to track your location, your picture will be taken by security camera in shopping malls, you do not own the piece of land you "purchased" for you house. Real life is not a fairy tale - learn to accept, not to hate.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote