View Single Post
Old 2011-09-22, 23:35   Link #2293
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
I definitely will see the first few episodes, but I am not sure the latter.

The machine is a certain part for Gundams. Without Gundam and Zaku/Gurf/Dom
and etc, there is no Gundam scene. Gundam AGE shows no innovations, just ripoffs.
It certainly is not the stuffs for the older audience.

For some reasons like that, I guessed I do agree what Ring of Gundam implied,
that is to let Gundam take a real break. I also guessed it will be there soon
after all these craps fall in pieces.
I just want to know how people can make such emphatic matter of fact statements about something that has zero actual content yet like this. That's what gets me the most, not that people are shitting on it (I'm long since used to that sort of thing from Gundam 00), but that they are absolutely 100% convinced that they are fully justified in making broad sweeping generalizations about Gundam AGE.

I'll continue to say this, I am a long time Gundam fan that has been up and down the entire franchise numerous times (and yes I know that sounds really dirty and is probably going to get me called Sunrise's bitch again but whatever) and just looking at the trailer I get nothing but the sense that it looks to have a Gundam series gravitas. Once again I encourage people to pay special to watch the trailer again and pay attention to the type of content and the music being used, not just the character designs and other superficial stuff which frankly after watching the first Gundam movie again look a LOT like the designs used for some of the more minor characters in that film. Watch the trailer, and people...tell me specifically what doesn't jump out at you as something that looks like what you'd expect to see in a Gundam series. I think the time has come for the critics to stop throwing out vague generalizations and to actually make some specific charges towards what exactly they think comes across as shitty in the trailers if they want to be taken even remotely seriously.

However I definitely want to make a particular point about something in the context of this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
For some reasons like that, I guessed I do agree what Ring of Gundam implied,
that is to let Gundam take a real break. I also guessed it will be there soon
after all these craps fall in pieces.
What an incredibly selfish if typical perspective for someone criticizing Gundam to have. It even has the usual grammar issues going on, but that's ultimately beside the point even if it's something that I think is worth pointing out for being so common as well in Gundam bashing posts. Let's focus on the real issue here though....so basically because you're butthurt over something to do with Gundam, you think that Gundam should take a break when nobody else is really asking for it? Perhaps it's not Gundam that needs to take a break from you, but you that needs to take a break from Gundam. How does that sound?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-09-22 at 23:46.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote