Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-05, 03:41   Link #13480
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
As one ''Québequois'' ( ''quebequer'' if you prefer ), I would say yes and no. It was much like than before even thought the link with France is important, a comparaison with californians or newyorker might be better, especialy for the regions around Montréal.

For the Francophone outside the province of Quebec, I can't really tell; at the exeption of the New-Brunswick they only form a small part of the population.
I kind of assumed the more French sounding term was more accurate, although I've generally seen it spelled "Quebecois".

I didn't mean to imply that Quebec's values are more European than North American, just that European influence is stronger in Quebec than the rest of Canada. Or so I've heard - you might know better than me.

This article suggests that most of Harper's gains actually came from Toronto area Liberal incumbents losing just enough support to the NDP to let Conservatives squeak through... kind of matches what I saw looking at some of the riding results from that area.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.