View Single Post
Old 2009-04-11, 21:20   Link #89
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I don't think that three seasons were necessarily. It may have flashed all the stuff well but at the same time it may be too long. After all taiga and Ryuuji are not Horo and Lawrence who can make even slow paced and rather dull at times episode shine just through their verbal duels. So though the very slow paced stuff works well with Spice and Wolf it may be hard for Toradora to do the same as the main characters in Toradora are quite a bit less witty. At the same time Toradora has more impressive side characters than Spice and Wolf, where it relies mostly on awesomeness of its two main leads, so who knows.

But even then three seasons would be too excessive. At the same time I still hold on my opinion, that for this show to be really great it had to be somewhere around 36 episodes long, so that we would have avoided the over-rushing that happened in the series (most notable examples are episodes 23 and 24) and giving such great characters like Ami bit more depth than it was due to time restrictions.

Decision to put 10 volumes of novels (not manga) in 25 episodes is a suicide, but JC Staff did a decent job, even though near the end they screwed up with the pace, but this was unavoidable simply because Toradora should have never been just 25 episodes to begin with.