View Single Post
Old 2009-07-18, 03:48   Link #120
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post

Bleach is a completely different anime in which has no space for discussion here. You said Clannad reached a dead end but how can it when the plot was already set in stone. The only way I see Clannad reaching a dead end is if it had fillers in which it didn't, it was faithful to the visual novel. You had a similar conversation with someone else about it but I don't see how it holds any relevance to me since I didn't discuss it with you.
I wanted to use Bleach to illustrate my point. If you watched Bleach then you'd understand. All plots are set in stone. That's doesn't prevent Deus Ex machina's from occuring does it? Think of any piece of literature, whatever it may be, that ended in a total blatant Deus Ex Machina but would've been worse if the Deus Ex Machina hadn't occured. That doesn't mean the what actually happenned isn't bad.

Saying it is what is because it's based on a game is not an excuse. It's an explanation.

Quote:
That's why I said that this anime is a mixture of different genres. Just because it's labeled as Slice of Life doesn't mean it's going to be as real as it gets when it also contains fantasy elements (which will be fictional.) If you want realism then just watch KGNE but that isn't Clannad. KyoAni isn't known for creating realistic animes. Their purpose wasn't to create the most realistic anime, only you seem to think that.
Not just me. A lot of people. But anyway, I never said it had to be as real as it gets, otherwise I've would've complained about the illusionary world all together. The fact is that the family theme counts towards the Slice of Life. The family theme is partly what makes it a slice of life. And Slice of Life's themes are supposed to be realistic. If it contains fantasy elements then it should be made that it doesn't invalidate the slice of life's theme. The slice of life's theme should remain true and applicable to the real world even when fantasy is brought in. But that wasn't the case with the ending. I explained it a little better in the other thread.

Quote:
Yes, of course there were alternatives to the happy ending so let me reiterate again. We got the visual novels true ending which is for the fans of the game, like I said before, you aren't the only one watching this anime so if you didn't like it then that's just a shame. I for one haven't played the game and I still thought it was a good way to end it. We don't know if the alternative endings you're thinking about would be good or bad, it would end up the same in the end. It's subjective. I understand what you're trying to say but it doesn't seem you understand what I'm saying so I hope that this clears things up.
Okay let me try and explain something. I LOVE Clannad After Story. Even despite the ending it reached my top ten (see profile) it could possibly be my most favourite. I'm still watching clips of Clannad on yotube over and over again. Now I didn't like the ending, but I've heard a lot of people say that those that didn't like the ending didn't understand it. Now think about. If you found out that a flaw in one your most favourite shows wasn't actually a flaw but was actually some sor tof fridge brilliance you'd be pretty pissed that you missed it, right? And you'd want to find out, right? So if what you're saying is true and that there were alternatives then that means there wasn't anything that I misunderstood, right? Dgreater1 actually got it.

Last edited by Haak; 2009-07-18 at 05:28.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote