View Single Post
Old 2004-01-13, 10:32   Link #5
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
What exactly is everyone asking for here? For the moderators to broaden their definition of what a flame is? I don't think that we're in any danger of stepping onto a "slippery slope" where the filtration of flamebait becomes censorship which results in tyranny, but some of you are asking for what is perhaps a redefinition of the already fuzzy critera for flaming.

When does a series of posts become meaningful conversation?
When does a conversation become a discussion?
When does a discussion become an argument?
When does an argument become heated?
When does it all get out of control?
When should action be taken?
Should a user be banned? For how long?
Should their posts be removed?

That's a lot of questions, and perhaps I haven't been frequenting the forums enough, but I've not really noticed such a huge increase in the amount of flaming to warrant asking all of these.

[EDIT]I just re-read my post and I thought that I would just add that I'm all for the continued security of this community, but that I get a little ruffled whenever there is talk of post-deletion. I don't want anything taken too far and posts/threads getting deleted because someone stepped over the line briefly. I'm more in favour of "cooling-off" periods of a few days to a week myself. Or are we talking about real problem causers, those whose only intent is to insult, and to ruin a thread once things have not gone their way?

Last edited by Megane; 2004-01-13 at 10:42. Reason: added EDIT
Megane is offline   Reply With Quote