View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 17:20   Link #2886
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
And did you know a guy who dropped his entire life to go chasing after a girl who dumped him,
Yep.

Quote:
... only to befriend and start cooking for the guy who stole his girlfriend in the first place,
Yep. Not the cooking part, but the befriending part.

Quote:
... and then up and died?
No. Eventually, the girl dumped both of them *lol*

Quote:
Of course there's going to be some unrealistic stuff in manga in general. I just find GE to have more realistic tone and pacing and yes, I can related MUCH better with GE due to my experiences (I've dealt with the damaged girl thing, so I get it). KNIM, while I can relate some parts of it to my life, I can't relate any of Haruto's decisions. No one around me has ever done the kinds of things he's done. And I know perfectly well where the WTF factor comes from. I don't like the decisions the characters made and frankly, I find them all to be idiotic morons.
See, THAT'S the problem. KNIM walks over your shoes more - certainly. Normal life does that too. But sorry, I find GE too artificial, and Utsumi simply rubs me all the wrong way.

Quote:
It also has a bad habit of making Utsumi look like the bad guy, even when he's done nothing wrong.
Utsumi is a doormat. In my eyes, what he's doing wrong is that he's doing NOTHING when it counts.

Quote:
Plus, Sasuga spends too much time trolling the readers with obvious set-ups. Still, I'll take the characters growth and development over raging at Haruto and Eba for their antics any day.
Growth, hm? 5 chapters ago, I'd have said that he is slowly, slooooowly developing traces of a spine. Unfortunately, the last 3 chapters undid all that.

Sorry. Utsumi is a nice boy, with an emphasis on boy. KNIM has an older character set (and target audience).
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote