View Single Post
Old 2009-11-18, 11:35   Link #1700
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Picked up Torchlight via Steam recently... this is where Steam excels for me. Offering wonderful little games for $10/$20 dollars that give me a lot of entertainment $/hr.
Torchlight is a dungeon trawl that is reminiscent of oldies like Darkstone (or maybe the original Diablo). The skill tree is interesting because you can mix and match across parallel lines as well as go down a tree, making *very* unique characters.
My only complaint so far is that with such ultimate skill tree customization... you'd think they'd have put in more player control over character appearance. The pet has an interesting duty... it can run loot up to town and sell it ("Whats that Lassie? 50gp for the sword?"). A fishing minigame lets you catch fish that buff you or your pet up (my favorite are the pet "morph into acidic blob ooze" spells).

Oh... one of the niftiest bits is that not only can you set the hardness level - but you can turn on Perma-death. That's something hardly any younger players get to see anymore -- screw up and die? You have to ROLL ANOTHER CHARACTER
I want a new patch for more maps , quests , enemies , boss etc ...
Because , the story is short . And i'm getting bored of Shadow Vault , Infinite Dungeon , always the same maps , no freaking boss , you go floor in floor . I stopped floor 22 .
Hopefully , there are the mods which are great
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote