View Single Post
Old 2010-06-29, 03:18   Link #12037
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
My biggest problem with the theory that Kyrie is working for the Sumadera family lies in their history.

Kyrie eloped with Rudolf and disgraced the family name. As Ange narrated they would have killed her for shaming them, but something happened (implied to be a money deal) that let her off the hook.
Kinzo bought his second son a lover just like he gave his first son a wife that he won as a literal trophy in a financial battle. That's nothing unusual at all anywhere a woman may be seen as a commodity, and especially for someone reported to be so misogynistic...

...and yet something feels incomplete.

There aren't any scenes telling us on what terms Rudolf was with Kinzo except the general awe and fear they all feel towards him, but it feels to me that Rudolf was getting away with a lot more stuff than Krauss ever even tried.

But Kyrie had to have been exiled from Sumadera when she got pregnant out of marriage. For twelve years after that she was still not Rudolf's wife. Which essentially means that Rudolf somehow got Kinzo to pay for his woman, a woman of good breeding and certainly fitting to be the wife of an Ushiromiya on any account, and then married a nobody anyway, and I doubt he would be able to get away with that. Even parents who spoil their children like there's no tomorrow would get seriously annoyed with their gifts being spurned.

There must be something more to that particular bit in the story.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote