Lightbulb Ham is raining from the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Now I see:

- Mechwarrior / Battletech
- Warhammer 40k
- Naruto
- Air Gear/Code Geass (Roller Feature)
- Toppen Gurren Lagan / G Gundam (Punches)
- Macross Frontier (Pin Point Barrier)

So yeah. I detect Gai Maito in the works then.

I think that I had read Dynames's info sheet while half asleep... might be the reasons why I mixed the 00 Dynames and yours, which is yes, quite different.

As you've pointed out, Dynames looks like a sturdy constant brawler. Lively and full of energy (thanks to the Maverick pilot), seems pretty much that the opposition will always be under constant pressure, forced to dodge and block every second.
The IS does seem like a glass cannon though. Defenses seem to be lacking, but of course, the ninja skills make up for that :P
Yes, definitely a Gai Maito, the absolute contrary of the Belial assassin.

Do note that being another sort of Super Soldier (I wouldn't call him LYNX), Alex also has lightning quick reflexes and SUPAH POWAH. Don't forget that the armor he has is entirely different from the generic shield using IS. Of course, I hate kinetic shocks which happens to be what your IS likes to dish out apparently.
But please punch through the plasma field first. And try not to get sniped.

Thing is, how will you get Belial inserted? Do remember that Alex has been ordered to pilot a generic trainer IS unless he REALLY needs to deploy in Belial. I guess some assasination attempt on Ichika or something else threatening the Academy might be needed.

Now, if my flash skills weren't that crappy, I'd have perhaps dedicated some time trying to make something to represent this, but hell, I've still got a long way to go.

Now... if Ray's very noisy, you might add him into Alex's foe-yay or ho-yay attempts. As I said, people who try to befriend him and who are very hammy and talkative often make him go into fake "ho-yay" mode just to scare em off. If it actually seems that the other reciprocates though, hilarity should ensue.
Well, by Shadow Mirror Universe standards, it might be a disadvantage if he is not a LYNX. Power level wise, I'd have to execute Alex as a nerf'd version of Laura Bodewig, out of respect to the latter who really went through some heavy, darkly tough stuff. Still, it won't be a curbstomp fest because as a general rule of thumb, though it's more of an unspoken Gentleman's Agreement, LYNX will not "cheat" outside of actual life and death combat.

If Alex decides to up the ante, Ray will even the score, but no more than that, being the honorable guy he is. ...Now, how much he evens out depends on Alex's origin. If you go with the LYNX route, than it'll be a near Zone of the Enders level "WTFh4x!" duel going on just between the two of them, during the exhibition match, which would leave their doubles partners slack jawed in the dust.

If he's just a Super Soldier, and he starts stepping it up, Ray will notice, but it might take some time for him to gauge how strong Alex really is, so he doesn't accidentally over do it. The real downside to the Super Soldier route is that Alex will be nerf'd for a while until he works out his issues with Belial, because he is not a LYNX and does not have a blank check to pretty much fully utilize all the tricks, bells, and whistles that comes with being a LYNX and piloting a Missing Number IS in the first place.

If he's just a Super Soldier and is using a legit "Angel", well, he's got some leveling up and questing to do in the Shadow Mirror Universe. The bright side is, he has unlimited potential since original IS Cores have the ability to self-evolve, whereas LYNX's like Ray are bottlenecked by technology. They usually end up having to play the catch up game, and some LYNX are overly dependent on their innate abilities, such that they are actually quite poor pilots / combatants in practice.

Now, how I propose to get Alex in the mix is quite simple. In the Shadow Mirror Universe, once Ichika appears on the scene, it pretty much becomes okay for everyone else to come out the closet. Male pilots have been on the block for sometime, operating anonymously under the auspices of Collared or participating in the IS League as anonymous masked pilots. After all, IS are generally owned by the state and private interests. Personal IS are essentially out on loan, yeah.

Alex can still do his sorta incognito gig at the IS Academy. Belial comes into play because he still needs to stay sharp, his organization needs to prove its worth, and Belial needs to strut its stuff too. IS League exhibition matches, or missions / Arena matches for Collared is a perfect outlet for this purpose. Kids at school can question why he doesn't use his IS there, but he can evade simply by saying his sponsors don't want to risk having company secrets leaked. Hence, he's using a trainer IS the rest of the time.

And, hey, glad to see I woke you up. See, I told you it'd be fun, and thanks for the invitation, because I am all kinds of gung ho for entertaining hilarity. I see a lot of jokes about "Being Hard", "Playing Hard to Get", "My hands are sore!" and errata, much to the nosebleed doom of many a fangirl on campus who is now awakening to her inner fujoshi.

"Kyaa~! Who's the seme? Who's the uke?!"

"Kyaa~! Is this what they call a romantic man's romance?"

Poor Ichika's gonna get roped into it too, and then folks will wander if there is an unofficial Host Club being formed right underneath their noses. Heck, we almost have all of the tropes. The Melodramatic Pretty Boy, The Trap(?), The Stoic Bishie, and The Clueless Guy.

As for not getting sniped? Touche. But I imagine there's a trick to the Nightmare Cape, the problem is time. Always time.

Getting through the plasma field? Hey, I'm a fan of hotblood and guts, but I'm sure Ray will learn fast much to his disappointment that he doesn't have enough output to pierce the shield. The "Final Beam" would work but then he'd be wasting a ton of energy for an attack that's not guaranteed to get through the plasma shield and Alex's super carapace. Thankfully, the conservation of momentum is still in effect, so Alex will get knocked flat on his armored keister when he has to tank melee hits or a ranged attack of sufficient power (assuming the plasma shield works like that). Plus, he's burning precious energy every time he puts up the plasma shield, fufufufu.

Although to really get through it in one go and put some hurt on Alex, Ray would need to invest into TLI's "Jet Magnum" Equalizer, a melee gauntlet affixed with plasma stakes, or buy paired gauntlets and see if he can master the Overskill "Jet Phantom" made famous by a certain Kai Kitamura. ...Then again, that guy is The Master when it comes to all things Jet Magnum.

Anyways, onwards and back to the writing. Slowly creeping my way through Chapter 1... God, how many times have I done this school drama scenario already? Sheesh, the Japs never tire of high school it seems.

P.S. God have mercy on Alex if he runs into THIS GUY! I tremble in my hidey hole just thinking about it. T_T