View Single Post
Old 2012-02-10, 04:13   Link #78
c^2

What a disaster. Obviously it was headed this way with the void ranking system nonsense, but they have succeeded in transforming Shuu into a truly detestable character. It is bad enough that he treats people as objects whose sole value is determined by some shady device, but he has also proven to be a terrible leader, and nearly kills Souta. As if determined to further demonstrate his lack of wisdom, he gives the delinquents free rein with their own voids so that they can continue with their thuggery.

Rather than forging relationships based on trust and ability, he ignores those completely and defers to some numerical hierarchy enforced by fear. A number which doesn't even describe the usefulness of a void. After only a few days, the organization is already showing signs of imminent collapse. Yet somehow, people hail Shuu as the second coming of Gai, and trumpet his his virtues and brilliant character development, which outshines even that of LeLouche.

The reactions that fill this thread leave me feeling like I have stepped into some alternate reality where sense no longer exists. I am utterly baffled that anyone can look upon the last two episodes as an improvement in either Shuu's character or the series overall.