View Single Post
Old 2011-10-23, 17:05   Link #139
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Try C3 from this season for starters.

Fate|zero isn't meeting my expectations. The first episode did - even if it was nothing but stills and even if they removed the emotional scenes between Kiritsugu and Irisviel that are oh-so-vital to understand Kiritsugu's conflict and motives. But the rest has just been a drudge so far. Not bad but not as epic as I wanted it to be / thought it'd be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I stopped taking this seriously right there.

In any case, you're free to dislike Fate/Zero, but it's adapting the story pretty damn well I'd have to say. Maybe you just prefer reading over watching things?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm starting to wonder what are your "expectations".
I can understand how this episode can feel "slow" due to the fact we only get to where Rider shows up in the party, and few far away stills.
But with all due respect, comparing with C3 is really something out of the blue. For one, the battles are completely different: C3 was focused on the very raw and savage portion of a certain character, whereas in Zero, both Lancer and Saber are shown as proud warriors.
Not only it was a battle settled by tactics, trying to figuring out the enemy's move/range of ability, but it was something else than a mere battle: a -duel-. Frankly speaking, you wouldn't expect a frenzy battle with these two fellows complementing each other as if they wanted each other's photograph.

Therefore, expecting a brawling battle, at this stage, with these 2 servants is really not appropriate. Also, C3, while being consistent, use a lot of tricks to make the animation "fast paced", whereas Zero's battle was way more focused on the details (environmental damage, sparks, impacts, manoeuvres)... not really the same as rashly swinging a Waas as if it was a golf club.

C3 scene wasn't bad at all, but mentioning it as a better melee combat than this one is difficult to comprehend, especially it was the thorough exposition of Lancer and Saber approach.
C3 is not out of the blue, the action animation was better, but F/Z was focusing more on tactics and characters, not the action itself, which was complementing the other elements.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote