View Single Post
Old 2013-01-14, 17:32   Link #31662
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Actually from rereading some of ep4 and ep8, one thing I noticed is that Ange is... kind of stupid. Like, seriously. She isn't all that bright. She acts tough and she can be clever, but she has almost no grasp of subtlety, whether we're talking about the 6-year-old version or the 18-year-old version. She is constantly either misinterpreting indirect points people make to her (and not just Battler; she does it to Amakusa also) or ignoring them because they don't suit her. When she tries to think about things, she often settles on a wrong or incomplete conclusion and is perfectly satisfied with it. It's really only toward the end of ep8 that she even remotely begins to get the picture, and by that point the whole matter has been belabored dozens of times.

She also acts in a fairly arbitrary fashion, trusts people implicitly until they appear to "betray" her then refuses to ever trust them again about anything, and generally acts like kind of a dumbass. And it's not something you can chalk entirely to stubbornness, in the same way Erika's dumbness can be chalked up to hubris.

Basically what I'm saying is Ange is a moron and "Everybody Hated Ange" was probably canon because she's a dour whiny self-absorbed bitch even as a six-year-old. And that's when her older self isn't controlling her.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote