View Single Post
Old 2008-03-30, 18:57   Link #16
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by be0wulf View Post
Sure, that's one possible interpretation of it, and indeed it's a satisfactory one, but it's more like the writers didn't know where to take that plotline and just wrote it off as "oops, I was joking".

There's a difference between "babying the audience", having satisfactory explanations to plot devices, and plots with more holes than swiss cheese. I'd say this is the latter.
Yeah but it's exactly the opposite for me since they dropped those hints at the end to clear it up. They wrote in the final pieces by having Shin's mom say her lines to Hiromi and Shin's dad say his lines to Shin in episode 13. Those complete the interpretation as well as make it the most likely.

In my opinion that's all they really needed to do; I would have agreed with you before episode 13 that there were holes in the interpretation, but after 13, I see no holes in it since everything is made consistent and that explanation is most likely what they had in mind; that's all they had to do to make us realize what Shin's mom role was in all of this.

Either way I suppose we're just going to disagree on this since you wanted a more complete picture rather than just hints at the end, I'm guessing.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote