Thread: Nanoha - Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-18, 12:23   Link #3093
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Can someone help me make sense of the Bureau uniforms?

My current sources: the relationship chart and this group pic (pics are SFW, site is not).

Enforcers: Mostly black, with a few silver lines (see Fate and Teana in the pics above, Teana and Runessa in the SSX booklet)

Tactical Instructors: White with dark blue shoulders (see Nanoha on the pics above and Vita in the group pic)

Air Force: Same as TIs (see Tiida Lanster on the relations chart)?

Navy: Medium blue with dark blue, almost black shoulders (see Hayate and Rein in the group pic; also Gil Graham and Amy). Also, for some female Admirals, miniskirt is replaced with white trousers and long blue coat (see Lindy in the chart and Leti). Except Chrono, who still wears his black Enforcer uniform even as an Admiral.

Ground Forces + Riot Force 6 (since they are de jure part of the Ground Forces): Light brown with dark brown shoulders (see the Yagamis, Nakajimas, and Vice on the chart, and Caro and Erio on the group pic). Senior Officers additionally have a silver braid on their belts (see Hayate on the chart and Genya). However, the main Mid-Childa office staff wear Navy uniforms for whatever reason (see Regius and Auris).

Rescue Unit: I don't think Subaru's uniform in the group pic is custom, so it's probable that the Rescue Unit has a uniform similar to Tactical Instructors, except it's more grayish white, has more blue on the shoulders, and two lines of buttons. Are the character designers running out of ideas?

I also suspect that Verossa's white suit is his uniform but he is the only Inspector we've seen so far, so...