View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 08:14   Link #2489
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Wait, you can give them spell immunity through enchantments? O:

... OMG... but I wonder what that mage follower that I want uses, she casts these things that look like tornados. @__@
Most likely the level 3 ice spell. Unless you talk about the lightning/storm elemental?

But yeah, followers do NOT have a magic resistance cap. So you can make them immune to spells. Note that unless you disenchant the shield of solitude, it is much easier to just give them immunity to specific elements.

You can give magic resistance only with rings, amulets and shields. But you can give single elemental resistance via boots as well. Keep in mind that if you give them resistance via a shield, and they switch to a bow mid-combat, that resistance wouldn't count. The shield would only offer resistance when the follower is actually equipped with it.

If your follower doesn't use a shield for some reason, then you really need to think about double-stacking magic resistance via the Solitude disenchantment.

By the way, I am taking about doing all this without the fortify restoration potion exploit. Just regular maxed enchantment skills and Alchemy skills.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-04-11 at 08:38.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote