View Single Post
Old 2012-06-03, 21:43   Link #59
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Again, to be fair, its not Gen who made Apollo out to be Apollonius, it was everyone around Apollo that made Apollo out to be Apollonius. Even Touma assumed it on his own.
But then again wouldn't Touma who has spent more time with Apollonius than Gen ever has, and was also around during his last moments know what happened to Apollonius? Also wouldn't he be able to tell the difference between him and a dog? Especially since he was going to marry Apollonius?

Maybe its because I'm not looking for the silver lining in the clouds, is the reason why I remain pessimistic over something that is pretty much a retcon coming from a series that has proven to be nothing but lack luster at best, in the face of its predecessor or any other series during this year might I add.

It frankly feels contrived coming from the sequel, if this was a revelation from Aquarion it wouldn't be as bad, but instead its coming from the lack luster sequel created years after the first series. Especially when its basically bending down and taking a dump all over the message and integrity of the first series while telling viewers that they can forget all about it and its events because none of it matters anymore. All so that a badly written love triangle can be solved.

Last edited by wisteria233; 2012-06-03 at 21:55.