View Single Post
Old 2006-07-04, 02:52   Link #139
Lost

First up, I'm gonna shamelessly jump on the holy-crap-train and give a HUGE thumbs up to the subbers of a.f.k. for their consistently fast and high quality subbing. As if releasing it within a few days wasnt fast enough, they went superspeed with this episode and released it in a matter of hours. I'm pretty certain everyone there lost ALOT of sleep over it; so, thank you very much.

I haven got off the train yet. A stellar episode this was. A fitting end to season1, because it had everything perfectly packed into 24+ minutes. While it didnt move me as much as 12, and didnt make me think as much as 13; this one had emo as well as logic. I loved how Haruhi was looking in that closed space, finally we see her actually and really happy. At first I was quite pissed because it seemed that she was being irresponsible (you know, pursuing her happiness, while ditching the rest of the world and the billions of other people and their happinesses) but then it struck me that I couldn't blame her, because she didnt know at all what was going on and what the consequences of her actions would be.

And I have to confess this. I'm digging for a Yuki x Kyon relationship. The scene on the computer.. when Yuki said that personally she wanted to see him again, how it'll be nice to and at the end! when she looked at him and said that she would not let them kill him.. *swoon* Seriously. Yuki wants Kyon

And I had to LOL and yet cry at the last Mikuru scene. The tears in her eyes as she ran to Kyon almost moved me to tears (I've been pretty prone to crying the past few days) and that "I didnt know it was star-shaped" had me LingOL. Mikuru FTW seriously. She was on top MOE~~~ form in this ep. 04:35 when she sidestepped away from Kyon Later when she was tearing and whimpering (?) at Haruhi's braiding. Now I can't choose between Mikuru or Yuki for the 2nd character poll.

Okay sorry for ranting. Seriously now.

Spoiler:

I like Sphinx's clearheaded analysis. +rep To add to you, Kyon did hint at his want for a more interesting life. At 5:50 he tot: When I did feel a bit dissatisfied when nothing was going on.

So perhaps some of Haruhi's spirit lives in him. And thats what makes this odd ball pairing so wonderful as Prodigous expertly pointed out above.

Anyway I do want to make sense of why Kyon got blinked into the new world with Haruhi.