View Single Post
Old 2007-02-02, 13:10   Link #35
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

The mood for this episode wasn't too bad, it was good the regular coffee house scene (originally just Yuuichi and Shiori bumping into Kaori and Nayuki by chance) was expanded into the birthday party scene, bringing in Ayu and Kitagawa (thus making himself useful once again since helping Mai out).

It was ominous seeing Shiori wear her original outfit again. The fountain scene and box cutter scene were tear-inducing, and when Shiori asked Yuuichi if she was able to keep smiling, the BGM played got me moved. It's a pity the end of this episode was so open-ended, at least we got closure for the Makoto arc, while I knew Mai would most likely survive at the end of ep 15 mainly because "Hope" had healed her. This leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

I have a feeling even if Kyo-Ani must kill poor Shiori-chan off, they'll give her one more appearance before that, so perhaps we'll be seeing her again, just like we can be hopeful of seeing Mai and Sayuri-san again.

Last, but not least: This episode has the best usage of BGM so far, taking tracks from the two arranged albums to great effect. That alone forms the bulk of my score for this episode.