View Single Post
Old 2007-03-27, 00:12   Link #35
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifold View Post
Yes! I have played the Suite Bergamasque (Prelude, Menuet, Clair de lune, Passepied) - albeit fairly badly- and I found them so.. brilliant. By far my favourite would be the Prelude. The beginning, with the series of Fs, really touches me. As I got that piece running at full speed, it felt like I was flying and dreaming, all at once.

I am a sucker for any piano concertos. I watched the first and second Rachmaninov concertos being played live a few years back. I think I literally went into a trance. When I can't sleep, I put on Rachmaninov.

If anyone can recommend some piano concertos similar to Rachmaniov's, that'd be great.

Also, I don't know if anyone has heard Neon Genesis Evangelion - The Birthday of Rei Ayanami (link). The style of music on that really appeals to me too. What type is it?
My first recommendation would be Rachmaninov's 3rd and 4th piano concerto, plus the famous Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini. Since you seemed to like late romantic, next obvious choices be three Tchaikovski's Piano Concertos and Grieg's Piano Concerto. My favorites are Brahms's two piano concertos, Beethoven's piano concerto #3, 4, 5, Mozart Piano Concerto #20 & 27, and Antonio Salieri's two piano concertos.

Last edited by wontaek; 2007-03-27 at 01:15.
wontaek is offline   Reply With Quote