View Single Post
Old 2010-04-06, 06:08   Link #2214
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Well, we've seen from her fight with Unzen that without Zenkichi, it's possible for her to go too far. She would have killed Unzen if he didn't calm her down. Now, I don't think she'd become a murderer or anything like that either, but if her love for everyone comes from her experiences with Kumagawa and her relationship with Zen, then if you remove those factors, all you're left with is the other parts of her personality-- her arrogance, her pettiness, her dominating attitude. I could picture those being amplified without the moderating factors of her past...
The only real interesting thing about her past, that we know of, was her confrontation with Kumagawa. When she discovered that she can't help everybody. But there's something I want to see just as much, maybe even more, the Kumagawa. I want to see Medaka's childhood, specifically before she met Zenkichi.

I can't help but think that, before she met Zenkichi and latched onto him, she was just as lonely as the other Abnormals in the 13 Party. Takachiho, who was untouchable, desperately wanted someone to touch him. Munakata wanted to get close to people, but never could because he was scared of what he might do to them. Medaka is good at everything, so she decides to love and help everyone?
Where does that come from?

She's got perfect grades, has innumerable trophies and awards, she takes records in any sport she tries, she actually taught classes while he was in primary school, and she comes from a ridiculously wealthy family, so it's likely to say she got everything she asked for. Since her abnormality first surfaced when she was child, I bet no one, except Maguro, wanted to be around her.

Kids are stupid and shallow, they tend to get resentful when they see someone easily accomplishing something they can't do or have to try their hardest to do. Imagine Medaka, who was good at everything she tried, she must've been loathed by her entire grade. Enter Zenkichi, the boy who couldn't do anything without her as his knight in shining armor". She found one friend and latched onto him, dragging him everywhere.

Zenkichi said that she never once thought about the positions she puts him in, and that's true. Because I think she's too busy thinking about being all alone again. Without her memories of Zenkichi, she's basically a blank slate. Free to be manipulated and changed.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote