View Single Post
Old 2010-10-15, 09:29   Link #966
jwai

I've been experimenting with Rene as a Mortarer, but it's been a bit a steep learning curve.

- Having long range is both good and bad. Good in the sense that shorter ranged units can't reach you when you attack, but bad when you are running around under fire trying to move further back because the target is closer than the minimum range.

- You can kill or severely damage most infantry with a single mortar round, but if you run out of rounds and don't have anyone close by to provide intercepting fire during the enemy phase, you are more or less screwed. Rene appears to have no potentials that refill ammo, so this is a big consideration.

- The AI has a tendency to bunch up its units if they are all about to surround a single unit, which is pretty damn funny if you have a mortar round waiting for them. The trouble is keeping that single unit alive for long enough to keep all the targets in place.

I've since also picked up two Captured AA Gatling turrets. The only difference between the two of them is that one is a lot larger, and has a better Gatling. However, when I say its larger, it's practically a Heavy Tank turret, and it looks a bit ridiculous when you have a giant turret with a really long gun attached to a Light Tank chassis (Dextro, you'll soon discover that the Light Tank that uses only 1CP is frigging awesome). However, with a weight of only 2, it does work.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote