View Single Post
Old 2007-08-11, 01:02   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Rie Kugimiya's ability to be both Moe and Gar at the same time (Moegar) has made her my favourite female voice actor of what I deem "The New Generation". Basically those under 35 or so. She can also do young boy characters too like Ai Orikasa and isn't just limited to the high pitched "I'm the boss" tone you usually hear (See Alphonse Elric or Ikuto Noguchi from Digimon). For some reason I'm also convinced she's absolutely loopy. If you actually get a chance to hear it her range equals or surpasses that of Aya Hirano who somehow came up in this thread, as she comes up in nearly every voice acting thread as an example of greatness of one degree or another. Though I'll admit I do recognize a lot of seiyuu right off the bat since I'm very familiar with a lot of the more prevelant ones. By the way I found a NicoNico Vid showing clips of most or all of her roles which shows she doesn't always sound the same. I suggest anybody who thinks she's only capable of one voice watch this and make sure they get to the 40's as that's when the real crazy stuff starts happening and I'm not sure which character she's supposed to be.

Norio Wakamoto has been around forever. I'm not sure I like the sarcastic tone he's got going here, I prefer some of his older roles or even his work in Code Geass as The Emperor.

Rie Tanaka is pretty good lately. I used to think she was just another cutesy character role player, but she's at least caught my attention recently.

Ryoko Shiraishi seems VERY impressive in how she pulls off Hayate. I could of wish I could have gotten a chance to hear her in Lucky Star The Anime, but alas other plans were made for her character from the Drama CD. She's definitely on my radar now and I hope to see what else she can do from here on out.

I guess that's all from me.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-08-11 at 02:14.