View Single Post
Old 2007-12-07, 22:18   Link #74
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
1) No Lelouch is just as bad.

2) Regardless of what Lelouch gets, Nunnally will always have to stay hidden just as she is now. The Europeans, Chinese, etc. wion't hesitate to take advantage of them. Nothing changes the fact that she's a britannian and a princess.

3)Not to mention he's willing to sacrifice anyone for his gains.
1) No, he's obviously not. Note though, that I've never spoken of Lelouch as "the good guy", since there are none of those in this show, thank god. =)

2) Hmm... I thought his goal was to take down Britannia. No Britannia --> no Britannian royalty --> nothing to take advantage of.

3) Now that's really not true. If he was, Suzaku would be where he belongs. Below ground level, in a coffin.

Quote:
From what Schenizeil has been investigating, the Emperor's invasions of various countries around the world is a front for a hidden agenda which defintely is related to the Geass Ruins.
Okay, maybe I wasn't paying attention during that part, but which episode is that from? Anyhow, does that give them the right to act like they do? I've never encountered anything as evil as Britannia. Not in history-books, and not in fiction. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks so though. Sure, some of the invaded countries might have done something terrible in advance that we don't know of, but I find it hard to believe that they all deserved this treatment.

Quote:
And Lelouch is doing exactly what his father wants him to do which none of his other brothers and sisters have done. Killing them despite the fact that all of them had so far tried to help him. And at this point it seems to be another manipulation of him which makes him a simple pawn.
Be that as it may, but I fail to see why that makes Lelouch just as bad for the world as that racist, raping, murdering superpower.

Quote:
Let's also not forget what Lelouch pointed out to Suzaku when they were kids and comparing Britannia and Japan. While Britannia conquered, Japan went out and oppressed poorer countries through economic controls and such. Now it's probably not as bad as enslaving people but bringing down and shoving entire countries into proverty for your own gain is pretty bad too.
Hmm... I don't remember that discussion. Which episode are you referring to? Nevertheless, I don't see how Japans previous actions has anything to do with the Lelouch vs Britannia comparison. And of course it's really really wrong to oppress poorer countries through economic control, but I'm amazed that you only think that "it's probably not as bad as enslaving people" since I assume that you, like everyone else who have watched the show, knows just how Britannia rules the countries that was invaded and crushed. To me it's not even on the same map.

Quote:
The point? No one's good in this series which is defintely what they are aiming for.
And... the circle is complete. I completely agree with you about that, and I have never said that Lelouch is the good guy. All I was saying is that it is ridiculous (in my opinion of course) to compare what he has done in these 25 episodes to what Britannia has done. It's completely off the scale.