View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 01:34   Link #201
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Maybe not equally bad, but you can't say that you don't invite the disaster yourself by calling someone with a deep grudge to you "jerk". I think they even have "temporary insanity" defense in US law right? You can't say that you're not on the wrong if the other side hit you after you provoke him, especially if he/she has a deep grudge on you. That is what I meant when I said both side is equally bad. Japan has been giving provocative actions and words toward China, not only regarding this island, but also the numerous visit to Japan "war hero" who rape and massacred Chinese. Surely you can't say that they expect the Chinese to not explode after all that? And if that's not call inflamatory, I don't know what is(and yes, calling someone jerk is also an inflammatory gesture)

As for demo and riot, it's just not in Japanese DNA to show their displeasure openly(they believe in "enduring" the hardships), but the grudge they held over China is more or less the same as Chinese toward Japan from my conversations with some native Japanese. You wouldn't believe what some of the older Japanese generation will say about China unless you hear it yourselves lol.
Oh yeah, I have no idea. Because you know, I'm not Japanese or anything.... oh wait. I am.

There lies deep racism towards Chinese in Japanese society, true.
There are decades of conflict, true. There are exchange of words that is offensive from both sides, TRUE.

But we are talking about acting CIVILIZED in a conflict, which China has failed miserably.
Ishihara's action, while taunting as it was, was not uncivilized. It was a jerk move, but in a contemporary political fashion.
Not OMG KILL THEM JAPS AND BREAK THEIR CRAP AND STEAL STUFF barbarism.
And worse, the government supporting the riots and inflaming it.

At the point you resort to that, you are no longer fighting on the same level.

China failed in proper response. That's all there is to it.