View Single Post
Old 2013-04-23, 04:56   Link #10
Dwalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
With very few exceptions, I absolutely despise it.

Why?

Because it's so removed from reality!

For one thing, people's feelings change as they get older. It's highly unlikely that your five-year-old best friend is going to come up to you ten years from now and declare,
"I HAVE LOVED YOU ALL MY LIFE, LET'S GET MARRIED."

No.

It's.........stupid.
I don't really see why people think fiction should necessarily be realistic. When I read or watch fiction, I do it to immerse myself in a world which gives a sense of hope unlike real life and where rare but good things are more common.
It's sad you are so full of unjustified hatred. An tell me, if this is all about it supposedly not being realistic, then do you hate every anime in which non-realistic elements appear, such as magic and science fiction? If not, then please explain again.
I also don't see why people in the modern society are looked upon as weird in those rare cases their feelings DON'T change with time and they never change partners. Please show some respect towards those who have different principles.
And don't judge ALL people by YOUR standards. If YOU would never be able to date a childhood friend, I would never be able to date somebody whom I met as adult simply because it would go against my principles and because I need to know a person for my whole life to completely trust her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Here's the thing though: children can easily confuse their feelings for "love" at such an early age. It could only be a familial love instead of romantic love. Especially if those two children never try interacting with others; then they have nothing to compare the relationship to, therefore convince themselves it is "love"...when it's not.
If they convince themselves it's love, it's their right. I have great respect for people who only had one lover during their whole lives, no matter how few such people are.
I would also like to say one thing, and please don't take it as an insult as it's just a personal opinion of mine: do you think that, to understand what love really is, one has to date, or maybe even have physical relations with, many different people? I by no means try to impose my opinion on anybody, everybody does whatever they want, but to me such a way of living is just plain dirty.

Last edited by Dwalin; 2013-04-23 at 08:02.
Dwalin is offline   Reply With Quote