View Single Post
Old 2008-07-29, 13:21   Link #210
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

On the whole 'relationship' angle thing on the true history or this eventual parallel history thing... true, the indications might lead to something different depending on the circumstances, but really, for all that it matters, one sign or another, it's take believe that the canon history has employed the middle ground stature above anything else. Say what you want about the animation or the fanservice, but that's the same as analyzing Nanoha's more awkward blushing body language with Yuuno or ignoring the backstory tidbits behind some of the more awkward things in animation.

Besides, IF we want to be wholly technical about the alternate timelines and all that, (( just as practiced at Outer Cadia on a daily cracky basis )), you might as well argue the possibility of Chrono as well, since well.... the alternate timeline where Fate didn't exist was him and Nanoha.

Point to point though... we're reading too much into this at this moment. What exactly does a parallel universe relate in Tsudzuki's words here, and how much different is this going to be for one. It is possible that in light of the shipping wars, it IS possible that this new medium can be used to highlight or purposely centralize something, be it NF or NY or whatever, as in something they're not intending to show in the true canon. However, a movie just for that does sound a little ridiculous, even if for NF's sake.

To be fair though, assuming this is true, I don't see why there is any need for arguments. I mean, it's kinda saying that 'everybody wins' on one universe or another. I mean... there's a reason there's alternate universes in FF and OC where things are... completely ridiculous, Hayuuno, Fatuuno or whatever. >.>

Above everything else, there is only 2 things I really ask out of this movie. Firstly, a well-paced and developed movie, and 2ndly, Nanoha's 'first true flight.' I always felt kinda cheated out that Nanoha's current 'true love' was one thing that never got an emotional expansion to it, and only explained via "Yuuno taught her how to fly, and Yuuno flashbacked once."

Nighty is still angry that SSX is not the movie.

btw... t-3 days to... tackling my HUEG backlog over at OC -_-

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote