View Single Post
Old 2008-07-29, 15:12   Link #217
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I don't think there will be any romance in this movie either, if anything its going to be the same as the series, a few suggestive scenes and such. I know this goes against my earlier statement, but during my discussion with Preston I realized that if they wanted romance, the first movie is the wrong place to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
In the manga there's a pretty vague reference to the knights holding back, but then in one of the sound stages Signum specifically says that Fate can't properly be considered her rival because of the difference in their ability, and Fate makes that comment that she'll stop addressing Signum so formally when she can fight evenly with her, which Signum says is never going to happen (which I'd took as teasing, but it still gives the impression they both acknowledge a large gap).

I think it's pretty obvious that this was done to keep the Wolkenritter relevant in StrikerS- with their centuries of experience it'd be odd for them to improve as quickly as the novice Aces, so they need a head start to end up even.

Anyway, I think the retcon works pretty well with most of A's, but there's a definite contradiction in episode 7 when Signum's internal monologue right before her big fight with Fate gets interrupted reveals that she truly feels pressed, which flies in the face of the explanation given in the Sound Stages.
Hmm, actually Signum says that 'if she doesn't finish it fast, she'll be in trouble' which makes sense, if she is holding back while Fate is going all-out, then Signum would eventually get in trouble.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote