View Single Post
Old 2008-08-03, 17:34   Link #1085
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
Why wouldn't Rolo want a sister as well? I'm kind of tired of the bottom line assumption that Rolo is some twisted, jealous, nutcase who does what he does because he wants Lelouch all to himself. People act like he killed Shirley because he's a jealous homosexual or something. The guy thought he was protecting Lelouch, whom he sees as his brother and dear friend. Again, why wouldn't he want Nunally as his sister as well? I mean, it's possible that the negative stuff is true, but not likely. Rolo is a deeper character than that.
Guess it all depends on how you view things. If you think there is more to Rolo than some brother obsessed assassin then there is a wider view for things. I'm not sure if having a sister is the problem as much as this sister is who he was replacing. He was put there as a Nunnally stand in. If the person your doubling for suddenly comes back into the picture what is your value now? He's fairly unstable now that he has been thrown into a family situation. Sometimes siblings get jealous when a new baby comes into the picture. Sadly in this case instead of how a regular person handles it as an assassin Rolo's response is to kill. I don't think he's completely insane, just so focused on keeping the bond he believes exists with him and Lelouch that he will do horrible things as a result.

I don't beleive he killed Shirley because he was trying to protect Lelouch. If someone does believe that it would make it tough to come to a consensus view. Shirley was a danger to the relationship he has with Lelouch. Both in terms of her being close to Lelouch and wanting to bring Nunnally back into the picture. He eliminated a threat to himself.