View Single Post
Old 2008-11-26, 14:05   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm not going to use spoiler tags, so beware.

Really wonderful episode. I like this show more and more as we go on.

I saw more and more development between Ryuuji and Taiga. I think they did have similar dreams, and at the end they both realized they enjoy each other's company much more than the tension of being with the people they think they love. Taiga with her feet playing on Ryuuji's back gave a wonderful intimate feeling. The dog business is no problem for me, since it isn't really the essence of their relationship, just a surface thing.

I didn't catch everything she said, but my sense was that Minorin was letting Ryuuji down easy in their talk on the deck. They got closer in a way, but also further from being a couple. He asked if she had someone she loved, and she talked about whether or not they had seen a ghost. She said she believed in ghosts but hadn't seen one. That is, she didn't have someone she loved, but she kept waiting for her fated person to come along, and he hadn't. I'm sure I got some of that wrong, but I think that's the feeling.

Taiga is fast becoming one of my favorite anime characters ever. And Horie Yui is doing a great job with Minorin -- as great as her job with Yuuki in Vampire Knight isn't.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.