View Single Post
Old 2004-06-06, 14:41   Link #90
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Hmmm xris ... how many pms for "take it off it hurts my eyes of innocense" are you looking to get before acting on it? Also ... does 1 member's vote have power over another's?
I can't give you an answer for this because it depends. If one person has an objection against an av or sig, that might be enough for me to remove it (and that one person may just be me). If I decide the image isn't to risque (and leave it), then it may take several additional requests from different people. Each time I receive a complaint then I'll reconsider based on the subject and the number of people who thought it may cause issues. It's all very subjective after all, and it will come down to the personal opinion of a Mod if it should be removed.

But let's be honest here, I don't think there really is a problem with the vast majority of sigs and avs. Most of the AnimeSuki members do take some responsibility and apply some thought to the images and most of the time it isn't a problem. There have been a couple of cases where people "push out the boat" to see how far they can get and my response to that is to award short holidays (i.e. bans) to the deserving person.

As to one member's vote having power over another, I'm not sure if I understood the question but I would simply say that I would tend to listen to complaints primarily and apply a judgement call. And I would recommend use of PMs to inform me (or another Mod) if you do wish to point out a possible inappropriate image, I don't really want to see threads springing up to discuss the suitability of what is or isn't appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
So, new sig up you can't blame me now xris, since I was not the one who started the trend...
Heh, I can always blame you (as the catalyst) I'm sure
xris is offline   Reply With Quote