View Single Post
Old 2011-02-22, 20:27   Link #690
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGrey View Post
sayaka does (she didnt know it but she had one) & madoka doesnt (but qb still wants her). my point is qb wants people and doesnt care for the wish. the wishes make it easier for him to get people but his priority is recruiting
The definition you're trying to give is so broad as to make it meaningless; it could apply to everyone, because everyone could probably come up with a wish if they thought long enough, if they didn't have one initially. Madoka may have one she is afraid of voicing.

Quote:
yea life's one way road alright; just some people take the exit sooner. but thats no reason to go headlong into the shoulder. point is to enjoy the drive. and as for it being riskier, what has the higher odds of dying? walking along a path & getting eaten or seeking out the eaters?
Some people climb cliffs and mountains. Some walk tightropes above a canyon. Some jump over many cars on a motorcycle. Some engage in rough competitive sports or fights. Some sit in a small capsule and light a fiery candle under their ass and get launched into the cold voice of space.

And all of them enjoy doing it, and some of them die. Hell, Steve Irwin enjoyed playing around with dangerous animals, and it eventually killed him.

Chance of death is not the most important determinant for a life decision, because we humans have been making much more dangerous ones for thousands of years. Ever since Grog bet his buddy Ugg that he could wrestle a saber-toothed tiger barehanded, heh.

Quote:
honestly? she looks happy to you? dont confuse acceptance with satisfaction.
I don't. She looks happy to me. Or maybe content or satisfied. She's doing what she wants, using the power she has, completely fine with the price. At the least, she doesn't seem nearly as angsty as Sayaka, nor as cold as Homura; the latter of which I would say was merely "acceptance."

Quote:
real life potential scenario:govt created a full body armor that completely prevents all damage... be it bullet or nuke. actually its bs but they need soldiers to protect the people. is that justified?
You didn't answer my question. It's polite to answer an opponent's question, before posing one of your own. But I have a problem with your question because no one would buy that a suit of armor protects against everything. Media would have a field day stripping that down, the first time it fails to protect against a bullet, it would be exposed. You'll need a slightly better theoretical question.

But let me spin a yarn about a hypothetical that might match what you're trying to get across.

In WW2, the British had cracked the German's secret code, and intercepted a message that the Germans planned to bomb a certain British town. Churchill had a problem; if they warned the town and evacuated them, the Germans would know their code had been broken. If they said nothing, they could use this advantage at a major point in the invasion, but it would mean sacrificing the town and everyone in it.

What would you do?

Churchill ordered that no one be told, thus sacrificing the town. However, this story isn't exactly true, more of an urban legend, but it serves to illustrate the point. It's a call I would make though, sacrificing a town for a chance at winning the war.

Hopefully, that might address your question. If it does not, feel free to come up with another one. Oh, and would be appreciated if you would answer mine (or this one).
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote