View Single Post
Old 2006-05-31, 04:42   Link #123
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I think this was a very fitting ending to Suzumiya Haruhi... even if it was open. It's subtle, but it highlights perfectly just what sort of change Kyon has triggered in her. I like it... no need for clumsy romantic inanity that's cliched to romance anime. Just a very simple gesture which does a fantastic job of highlighting everything.

But, that's what's made this series so special. Nothing in it has been conventional. I inevitably expected that, sometime during this series a romance between Kyon and Haruhi would be explored, but instead we've been presented with an unexpected subtlety instead, and it's something that I think has worked perfectly.

I thought the animation was a step down from the rest of the series. But, the atmosphere was perfect. This episode so beautifully captured the essense of slice-of-life storytelling.

Personally I think this was a breath-taking episode, with the unconventionalism that's put Haruhi on the map, and a show of subtlety I wouldn't have expected from this series. It's surprised me... and in a way that's very different from how the rest of the series has surprised me.