View Single Post
Old 2012-07-26, 23:40   Link #11
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
I guess you missed Apple's R&D approach for the iPod and iPhone. For Apple's iPod R&D, being just a MP3 player is not good enough.

Yuuya's criticism with Fubuki's engine issues are valid. "Defective and junk" statement is just a sting against Yui.
There is a difference between saying something is not good enough while looking to improve it and dismissing the merits of something without first trying to understand how to operate it.

Quote:
Yuuya tested Fubuki's engine performance with US's style TSF combat tactics and found it wanting i.e. it has issues with it's operational range.
Ok, that's fines but that is going by the belief that those tactics are the measuring board. I.E if they don't measure up to American tactics they are inferior. I assume Yuuhi purpose there is not to tell them how superior his way of doing things are, a mistaken assumption I think he holds, but for them to find a way to fit him into their own system. That would, of course, necessitate him trying to fit into that system.

Quote:
The issue was the unbalance ratio between control's sensitivity vs weak engines.

Yuuya's criticism mirrors the real life Mitsubishi A6M Zero.

Fubuki would perform well with uprated engines e.g. able to support both US + Japanese style TSF combat i.e. closer to Gundam (GN-drive) or Macross's VF series (Macross Plus and above).
But there are also positives to the design as well more precise movements and response from the machine. I think you're already trapped in Yuuhi's mind set in that they need to become more like the American design instead of seeing how they can improve on their own design. It might ultimately entail them becoming more like the American design but you don't scrape your own design until you actually attempt to improve on its positives.