View Single Post
Old 2004-01-28, 12:40   Link #14
Rebochan
Clubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
Wow, someone actually forces you to watch fandubs? What an intricate form of torture! How do they pin your eyelids open? I always wondered about that part...
I'd knock you for the figure of speech, but then I'm guilty of this too...

Quote:
Nothing to wonder about - It's illegal. But then, fansubbing us just as illegal, so I don't see where you are going with this argument.
For the reasons I've already given, and here's another - the purpose of the fansub is exposure. The purpose of a fandub, from what I've seen, is to be a surrogate English dub. Since it actually involves re-editing the series to add the voices and whatever else may be added, I would think this may be tolerated far less than people putting words on the screen to aid in understanding the original product.

Quote:
I seriously have no objection to non-parody fandubs, as long as they are clearly marked so the dub-haters can easily avoid them. As has been said before in this thread, the amount of work in fandubbing is just staggering, and I therefore doubt that those releases will crowd out ye olde fansubbes.

Here's to hoping the Desolate Sailors manage to struggle through the whole series
The work may be there, but, the quality ain't>_< There;s a reason professional dubs sound good, even when I'll admit that I hate them. But that's fairly off-topic for this thread anyway.
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote