View Single Post
Old 2007-03-19, 10:50   Link #3
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I have to give this series a 10. It had some of the highest animation I'd ever seen for a series of this genre/nature. The snow, the water at the fountain, the marble, the tear Ayu cried when she kissed Yuuichi... All of it was simply breath taking.

Voice actors too were spot on for me. Sugita(sp?) had some of his best work yet here. The guy really is a genius at this. When he woke up from the dream in 22, and remembered everything about Ayu finally, I honestly thought he was having an asthma attack.

Script, I'd rate as a high 9, so for rounding off sake, I'll make it a 10. In no way was I confused about anything I'd seen, I thought fair time was made for all the girls, and a story that is suppose to have 5 completely seperate routes, was weaved together beautifully. Especially compared to the poor job done on Shuffle. This is how a game to anime, SHOULD be done.

Adaptation from the game? It was obvious they would have to make some changes to make the weaving work, but those changes didn't detract from the overall feel of the experience, and the girls' stories. Nayuki still had some things to resolve, but alas, since it was obvious she wasn't a love interest to Yuuichi in the series, I could understand why things were done the way they were done. I still felt an impact on her story though and could feel pity for her.

And my final short statement. This journey was very very enjoyable. Between the sad moments, the happy moments, and the laughing moments, I loved it from start to finish. I will be watching the series again straight through next weekend to savor this work, as it has moved into my top 10 list. The music score was outstanding, the animation was outstanding, the voices were outstanding, and my heart was touched by every girl's story. And FINALLY a male lead I could route for! I'm so sick and tired of the Keitaro's that I've been having to suffer through in so many anime over the last 20 years. I can't relate to them at all!

So yes with the ending wrapping everything up for me, a 10 is the least I could give it.

Will