View Single Post
Old 2009-04-16, 14:11   Link #300
BOFH_of_OZ
Gamemaster

Here's a quickie question (or so I hope):

I'm trying to follow the advanced tricks tutorial, with layered borders and motion blur. For motion, I'm trying to emulate getting closer to the viewer (by fscx/fscy) as well as moving syllables. Here's the code:

{\an5\r\alpha&H80&\t($sstart,$smid,\fscx!100+$laye r*20!\fscy!100+$layer*20!\1a&HFF&\move($SX,$SY,!$S X-($layer*1.5)!,!$SY+$layer!))\t($smid,$send,\fscx10 0\fscy100\1a&HD0&\move(!$SX-($layer*1.5)!,!$SY+$layer!,!$SX+($layer*1.5)!,!$SY-$layer!))}

The problem is, even though the "zoom" effect is working for each syllable, the whole line is also being moved, and in the end all 7 layers are spread like butter on a slice of bread, unreadable and ugly...

Here's a quick screenshot explanation of what I'm doing. (1) is the start of a line. (2) shows that the move/zoom is working for a syllable. On (3), we see that the lines are sliding down, as per first "move" tag. And (4) is the end of the line...

Does anyone know why the move tag applies to the syllables and the whole line? And how to fix this? Or maybe there's an easier way of doing it?
BOFH_of_OZ is offline   Reply With Quote