View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 13:54   Link #64
drimof87

Wrong, just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho87 View Post
She's the feisty, oversexxed, token main female seen in every popular manga. Just as generic and boring as Natsu. Rips off Nami, Bulma and Sakura.

She's supposed to be the main lead.
Rips off Nami my butt. She's practically the oppossite of Nami in every way in terms of personality. Just because she's the main female in the manga doesn't mean she's ripping off anything. To me she's a solid character who at this point only needs to get serious to inflict some major problems for a lot of enemies. If she used her celestial spirits right she'd be a major threat.

Feisty could apply to practically every female in the manga. Oversexxed? Erza wears some very questionable things throughout. What major Manga of this type doesn't have oversexxed characters, there are even male characters like that.

Bulma is usless in DBZ, has no training whatsoever.
Nami can fight, but she's one of the most self centered greedy people on the crew. Unless someone is in an extreme circumstance, like almost dying or going to, then she helps.
Sakura is a competant Ninja from the very beginning, losing battles to overpowered oppenents is understandable.

Lucy's back story, her abilities and the keys she's obtained set her apart. Sure she has to work on her magic and spells, but it's more about the keys to gain power. Her personality and backstory are so different from any of those characters I don't know how you can come in here and say that with a straight face.
drimof87 is offline   Reply With Quote