View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 20:40   Link #121
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseThyme View Post
<snip>
Shrade seems like Sirius to me.
Its certainly not impossible but Sirius was the dark side of Celianne and, by the end of the series, the problems (his and Celianne's dark side) were effectively solved. The whole reason Celianne's dark side was reincarnated was regret and the sort, unfinished business so to speak. Sirius, in the story, solves all of his issues and dies as the hero he'd always wanted to be (and believed he was until meeting Apollo). I feel like, at some point, people need to stop reincarnating and when you're past grievances are sorted out would seem like the best time to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseThyme View Post
Vena: If Kagura is the only part of Apollo reincarnated that loved Sylvia, who else is a reincarnation of Apollo? Maybe Zessica? When Mykage sent a vision to Apollo, he got both parts?
There doesn't need to be another reincarnation. The way I am looking at it is that Apollo himself had two aspects to his soul: the modern aspect (the one that existed in the OS) and the past aspect that was known as Apollonius. They share a soul but their identities are still somewhat unique. The Apollonius part of him would have, effectively, at the end of the original story been with an aspect of Celianne as well as himself, therefore at peace and whole. The remainder of Apollo(nius) that loved Sylvia (the other part of Celianne) was left wanting and wandering until reborn, similarly Sylvia was reborn and looking for Apollo.

This is what I meant, that the part of Apollo that was left that still wanted to be with Sylvia is what reincarnated. The rest remained dead and buried because it was, in one way or another, satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
They were carnations? I forgot how they looked like, I have a picture of the petals, so I assumed they were roses. LOL.
Carnations and roses in animation are hard to differentiate and, as such, I said it was a baseless assumption. The meanings change if they are indeed roses: White is purity, black is death. But that was just a completely off the wall aside to just play around with that whole *reverse* power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
This is a good point. Maybe Amata has the Wings of Sun too, but he isn't Apollonius reincarnation (that is Kagura), but like the Wings, he as descendant is the fruit of that love that has lasted 24.000 years. Who better to be a protagonist?

If Mikono is Sylvia, then is natural that he wants to protect her and he could mistake that for romantic love (seeing that they aren't actually in love so far).
Wouldn't it be ironic? He gets attracted to her because she's like his mom... even to the point of being the reincarnated form of the thing his mom played in her movie. (And could, in a strange distant way, be his great-x120-great grandmother's soul.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
the book before zessica in ED, it is the exact same book of genesis. look at rena holding it
Spoiler:
Good call, I had completely forgotten what the original looked like.

I still find it odd that they threw that book in the middle of the gattai... and, in a way, in the middle of the ED too. The first it separates Mikono from Amata and Zessica, the second time it separates Zessica and Yunoha from the rest of the group. I think they just threw it in to troll us... >.>