View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 19:32   Link #31328
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I watched KnowNoMore's videos and I think his theory is impressive. So much better thought out than anything I did. But even then I rate it only as "plausible", because the picture he paints of Rosa as the culprit isn't any stronger than what episode 7 does with Yasu.

Also it has the gross implication that the author is continuing to mess with us and lied in interviews. But just the fact that two completely different culprit theories can be made for the same story that are this detailed, kinda blew my mind. It made me think there's maybe more to Umineko than what we see, and now some part me of me expects Ryukishi to some day come back wearing a huge troll grin as he reveals the true conclusion to the story.

Unrealistic, I know...but it would be damn awesome.

Far-fetched speculation: Maybe the smoke-and-mirrors is continuing on this long because he wants to give manga-only readers time to finish the story and draw their own conclusions.
I think it's more he's providing answers in the manga. Sadly I can't read the text but from what I can see EP 8 provided some solutions to the tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkama View Post
Which is funny because the entirety of KNM's theory is making Ryukishi out to be some kind of god of mystery novels who wrote the perfect story.

From what I remember of the theory basically:

The Culprit is Rosa. She kills everyone because she is trying to revive the Kuwadorian Beatrice that she 'killed.' Yasu is a projection of her regret for killing Beatrice. She is in love with Battler in an Aunt sorta way (I don't even know)

There is a secondary Culprit George. George is creepily in love with Shannon and wants to kill off everyone but Shannon then fake his death and start out a new life.

The Accomplice is Nanjo. Nanjo does the little things here and there to make it look like magic. Nanjo is in it for the money so he can save his sick grandchild.
So... hum... Rosa knew Battler when he was a kid, then didn't see him for years then as soon as she sees him she falls for him and starts working with George?
What's this, the alliance between kid stalkers?

Personally I can accept the Nanjo is doing it for money for his grandchild, I can swallow the George is actually insane so all those pretty words about challenging the world to be with Shannon meant actually backstabbing the world do death to get Shannon but the whole about Rosa murdering everyone to revive Kuwadorian Beatrice and because she loves Battler is... hum... I've no words...
And again poor Maria gets completely ignored by her mom.

Quote:
Episode 1 Rosa fakes her death yadayada. Kanon faked his death to try and Battle Rosa only to end up getting shot by Natsuhi.
Episode 2 Rosa is lying to create locked rooms then George kills everyone else at the end.
Episode 3 Rosa is betrayed by George then George is betrayed by Nanjo who then gets killed by George in revenge. Eva only kills Krauss and Natsuhi.
Episode 4 Rosa fakes her death yadayada. She commits suicide similar to how Shannon commits suicide except she just falls on her gun hiding it.
Wait, in Ep 1 when did Natsuhi kill Kanon?

Ep 3 solution put in this way is almost comical with A backstabbing B who get backstabbed by C so B backstab him in retaliation with Eva deciding to join the culprit bunch by killing Natsuhi and Krauss (and Battler actually).

Though I guess maybe the solution is more complex and this is just a summary.

Quote:
A couple flaws in his theory that he admits to.

Kanon somehow getting the stake to fake his death
The fact that there is absolutely nothing in the story linking George to Rosa.

He also believe that Ange's world is a lie that spawned from the third arc and prime is actually the second arc. Battler also never returns to Ange considering it's a fake reality and instead died in a boat crash fleeing the island. Everything going on is not from message bottles but is actually going on in Battler's head as he slowly dies. His evidence for this is at the end of the Second arc that says no one survived in red.
And hum... the first arc is what? Battler making it up before everything happened? Or the order of things went messed up for no reason at all and first we've Battler allucinating, then we've what happened then Battler went on allucinating for 6 more arcs?
Not mentioning erasing Ange's world make part of Ep 4, 6 and 8 pretty meaningless as the real Ange's destiny would be unknown and pointless to discuss over as she wouldn't be entrusted to Eva (who died) and therefore she might have been raised as the happiest girl ever... or she could hae been run over by a car the day after the incident.

Quote:
His main piece of evidence for his theory though is that in Our confessions it states that Beatrice was writing three stories at the same time, one being the magical solution, one being the Shkanon solution and the third being the hidden truth.
I would say the third story are BeatoYasu's feelings over all this, not a third solution but maybe that's just me.

I really wish he would trascript his solution though because it seems unfair to discuss it only by knowing bits and pieces of it but for a not English speaker like me listening to such a long English video would only mean a headache.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote