View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 15:20   Link #19394
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Look at it this way: if Lion died in that fall, would any of EP7 be different? Genji's apparent goal in bringing Yasu to the island was so that Kinzo could see his child one last time before he died. Presumably, he felt sorry for Kinzo when he saw how much Beatrice 2 and Lion's deaths destroyed him. Even if Lion actually died, Genji could still give Kinzo peace before death only by making him think that Lion was alive.

So, if Genji had a motive for faking Lion's age and making him a servant, he had just as strong a motive to find another kid entirely and make Kinzo think it was Lion. Yasu wouldn't know the difference, so her reaction would be exactly the same as we're shown in EP7. And, there are actually two kids in the story who might have been 'the child' Genji chose.
That could work, however:

1. Beatrice has got to be 19 - EP5, EP6 and EP7 have pretty much left almost no room to argue this - and all the references we've got for that number point to 1967. If you're bringing some double, then I think you'll have to add clues foreshadowing his/her existence. The other Battler cannot be 19, because 1. He's got to be the same age as Battler and 2. I'm sure we can say for sure Battler's age is 18, since I'm rather sure we do not have any serious evidence about his birth date being fake.

2. The serious injury Yasu mentioned in EP7. She said it was due to the fall, meaning that Genji and Nanjo did tell her about this accident. Unless we go by the idea that Yasu happened to, coincidentally, have some bad injury and those two just decided to lie to her to make all fit, then I think there's no way the baby died in that fall.

Why could Yasu and Shannon be in the same place at the same time? I think that can be answered rather easily by saying that, at that point, Shannon was merely a figment of Yasu's imagination - notice that the first group of servants do not seem to notice Shannon at all - at the very least, not when Yasu is around. Shannon talks to them at times, but not even once do they reply to her.

The reason why Shannon and Kanon cannot be together at the same time is because Yasu is role-playing them. There's a difference between imagining characters and actually playing them as characters.