View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 01:45   Link #34
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, the voice acting in the game is much more vibrant than the anime adaptation, which is the reason why people were so surprised by Haruka and Yuiko's initial intro (even Rin sounds a little more high pitched than usual).
As for previous Key anime, only Clannad was voiced, and they did hired all of them, except for Tomoya who got a different seiyuu (Nakamura Yuuichi) than his drama CD counterpart (Nojima Kenji)
Kyoanis' adaptations took the VAs from the all ages versions of the games (Kanon 2002 and Kanon AA for PS2 came out in January and Feb respectively though, but the VAs were consistent.). Key Adaptations have always done a great job getting back their original VAs. I've always thought that the VAs sounded better in the anime than the VNs, but maybe it's that this group is more used to doing VNs and not anime, unlike past VAs who were mostly known for their anime roles. (Just a fun fact, the only time they've ever changed a main characters VA in any sort of derivative product is in Tomoyo After, who coincidentally is voiced by Kurugaya .)

I guess the episode itself was entertaining enough, but I am really dreading how rushed and discombobulated the show has felt so far. I really feel like there should be more of an introduction period for all of the characters as they get eased into the team. Almost every scene since episode 2 has felt like a random scene with a heroine, where's the direction? If they're still searching for teammates, I'd like to be reminded of this and see them actually scouting around making it a large part of their agenda and feel that this is their main goal at that particular moment. The scenes now, feel too random, I'd like to see them set up these scenes better.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-10-30 at 02:17.