View Single Post
Old 2013-08-16, 16:21   Link #916
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambauk View Post
The main thing in Akito is that you don't seem to see many Europeans who aren't racist to the Japanese, apart from Leila and she is a Britannian (even her boss calls the Japanese elevens) and why they are racist doesn't seem to make much if any sense (according to the Code Geass wiki it has something to do with the eu being at war for years and the refugee's numbers being big) it just felt overblown to me as the anime did at times but that's just my opinion.
Actually, I don't think refugees from a different racial group are going to be treated too well in a country that's both still at war and apparently experiencing a bit of stagnation.

Large areas of Paris have rundown buildings or unfinished/abandoned construction work. I'd say the economy seems to be having some trouble, so it makes enough sense.

Leila's boss isn't particularly racist though. He simply seems to be quite pragmatic and cynical about the situation rather than laughing or gloating about it.

Quote:
Anyways looking forward to the second episode of Akito, hopefully we will learn more about Leila as she seemed more interesting than Akito was. I reckon most of episode two will go on the euro Britannians, Code Geass always seemed to have the Britannians be more interesting overall.
True, but I guess it's necessary. Not to mention that the Euro Britannians are also technically European.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote