View Single Post
Old 2013-08-16, 20:46   Link #918
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambauk View Post
The problem with the show was that they didn't really show much of the other places or really explain much of them really (well in a way that I would have liked) like how the high eunuch's run the country etc. , They never really showed the Britannian homeland just the palace and Pendragon, (they didn't show anything of life in the homeland with the common people though it's probably the same as it was in Japan) , put it down to the rushed pacing of R2 among it's other problems it had. Plus they never explained what Geass was and why it exists (again put it down to them rushing the plot and neglecting sub plots).

The main thing in Akito is that you don't seem to see many Europeans who aren't racist to the Japanese, apart from Leila and she is a Britannian (even her boss calls the Japanese elevens) and why they are racist doesn't seem to make much if any sense (according to the Code Geass wiki it has something to do with the eu being at war for years and the refugee's numbers being big) it just felt overblown to me as the anime did at times but that's just my opinion.

Anyways looking forward to the second episode of Akito, hopefully we will learn more about Leila as she seemed more interesting than Akito was. I reckon most of episode two will go on the euro Britannians, Code Geass always seemed to have the Britannians be more interesting overall.
About Geass, I don't think the staff ever intended to have it fully explained. The show focused more on those that used it and their outcomes rather than the power itself.