View Single Post
Old 2007-03-04, 05:39   Link #70
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Hate to doublepost, but it's been a while and my new point isn't related to the previous post...

As we all know, Code Geass has a weird history similar yet different from our own.

So now with the latest episode 19, the Chinese Federation bared its fangs.

Why the Chinese though?

Looking at the Code Geass map, you would realise that the Chinese Federation encompasses the entire Russian landmass!!

How is that possible?

Now, let's face it. Conquering Russia is no joke. Hitler tried it, and Napoleon tried it. Both ran home to mama with their frost-bitten tails between their legs.

So how could it be done in an alternate history?

One name. Genghis Khan.

The Mongolian Horde were the only army I know of that managed to invade and keep Russia. (Part of the reason being they were as used to the cold as the Russians were.) They were also Asian to boot, which help the theory. If Genghis Khan's empire didn't collapse and break apart like what happened in our world, but instead formed one big country, then the Chinese Federation can be a believable name. The point being Russian identity never blossomed, as they were absorbed by China.

If my theory is correct though, then the CF might be more unified and powerful than previously believed. Instead of several countries recently united as a defense against Britannia, it might be one big country that was around for more than 700 years.

This means of course, Area 11 is now stuck between a rock and a hard place. Woops.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-03-04 at 05:55.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote